Welcome to our Website
Welcome to our school website. We hope that you find this site informative giving you a good overview of some of the excellent life that we and our pupils share together as we seek to make our school a place of high quality learning and interaction. St Brendan’s Primary School has always striven for the highest quality in delivering success to its pupils. We see our school as a place not only as a means to learning about facts, figures, and different skills but primarily as a shared learning community. We value and look after the needs of every child and strive to make sure that all of our pupils enjoy their time here. Its a place to grow in friendship and life learning and when your children leave at the end of sixth class we always hope to send them off being fully equipped to walk well through the rest of their education and life. All the staff here are very proud of the work that we do at our school and send you a very warm welcome to our website.
School Life Blog Feed
Mid-Term Break Closed Thurs 15th and Fri 16th Feb 2018
Ceremony of Light Wednesday 28th February 2018
Confirmation Friday 9th March 2018
St. Patricks Day Closed Mon 19th Mar 2018
Easter Holidays Closed Mon 26th Mar – Fri 6th April 2018
First Confession 18th April 2018
May Bank Holiday Closed Mon 7th May 2018
First Communion Sunday 20th May 2018
June Holidays Closed Mon 4th June-Fri 8th Jun 2018
Summer Holidays School closes Fri 29th June 2018
All school community members are notified that this calendar could be subject to change as part of contingency arrangements to make up for lost time due to unforeseen school closures. In this regard, the Easter break may be reduced by up to three days by the school remaining open up to and including the Wednesday immediately preceding the Easter weekend. All schools must be closed on the Thursday and Friday immediately preceding the Easter weekend. All decisions in this regard rest with the Board of Management, following consultation with the Principal and school staff (Circular 0034/2011).
Parents/Guardians are actively discouraged from taking holidays outside of the above holiday schedule. The school is obliged by law to inform the National Education Welfare Board when a pupil is absent for a total of 20 schooldays in one school year or where there is a concern about a pupil’s attendance. There is a direct link between school attendance and pupil progress. Your co-operation with maintaining high attendance and punctuality is necessary and greatly appreciated.
Click on the image link below to view our gallery.
Click on the link below to view the Maths Trail Booklet.
“A student Council is a group of student leaders who work with an adult supervisor to collaborate with others to impact their school community, which impacts their city or town, which impacts our state, which impacts our country, which changes the world.”
Definition created by 2008-09 TASC State Officers and District Presidents
Check out our stunning painted chairs. These chairs have been recycled from the hall. They are selling for €8. If you want a custom made chair in your favourite football colours, with your favourite animal, a naughty chair or just a colourful reminder of your days in St Brendans, bring in €8 to Miss O Connell and she and her little elves will get busy.
Parent Teacher meetings will take place during the week 13th to 17th of October. Teachers will be in touch to arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss your son with you. Please fill in the slip sent to you as soon as possible and return to the school. Teachers may be available to meet you before or after school if necessary.
School Events Feed
School Welcome Video
School Life Event Galleries
Browse through our project galleries to see some of the things we’ve recently been up to at school.
Quick Links to Essential Information
Green School Activities
Here’s where our Green School Activities blog posts will be added to the website.
Discovery Primary Maths & Science
Click on the image link below to view our gallery.
Click on the link below to view the Maths Trail Booklet.
Health Promoting Schools Initiative
The following is a list of activities carried by HSCL & School Staff & Pupils
Oral Health Seminar Parnell’s GAA Club November 10th 2016- Attended by Ms Flynn & Mr Loughney
Drink Awareness Talk HSE 15th November 2016 Attended by Ms Flynn & Mr Loughney
Whole School running club every Thursday 12:30-1:00
2nd and 3rd classes running 8:50-9:10 Mon & Thursday
19th January 2017 2nd Class
31st January 2017 3rd – 6th
16th June 2017
Spring Clean January 25th 2017
Mentoring for Achievement Training – Attended by Ms Flynn 15th & 16th May Archways
Cyber-bullying Workshops for Parents and 5th & 6th Class students 18.05.17
Active Schools Week 12th -16th June 2017
- Couch to 5km Challenge for Parents – 6 week training programme
- Yoga Course – 4 week course
- Bootcamp exercise classes – 6 week course
- Mindfulness Course – 6 weeks
- Meditation – every Wednesday morning
These courses are all specifically aimed at parents/adults.
- There has been a significant investment in sports equipment for the pupils to use at break times; including new skipping ropes, hoolahoops, bean bags, active spots, ten pin bowling etc….
- Hurling has been introduced in our two second classes and equipment has come from Parnells GAA.
- The school has had fundraising events to fund the proposed painting of the play ground markings.
- Storage racks have been purchased for storing P.E. the equipment. This is located inside the yard doors making it a lot more accessible. Active monitors assist with the collecting and the tidying up of this area each day.
- A designated area on the yard has been set aside for the use of this equipment. Children from any class level are welcome to use the equipment during the break. The area is supervised by Active Monitors and Active Flag Committee members.
- Active Monitors act as referees during break.
- They too act as active buddies encouraging children to move and to be active.
- A Thursday ten has been established in the school focusing on aerobics on the line. This is a football free zone.
- A number of classes start their Monday and Thursdays with a lap of the miler.
- In addition to this a lunchtime running club has been set up in the school. Boys run every Monday and Thursday at 12:30.
- Playgrounds have been assigned according to class size which ensures all children have adequate space to run.
- Go Noodle is a feature of daily school life in many classes.
- A number of our classes are involved in the Pax Programme for disicipline and a lot of the Granny Wacky Prizes/ rewards for good behavior involve active breaks.
- The Lunchtime mile has become an annual event with all classes taking part.
- We have strong links with the Green School Committee and a major focus continued on our COW,SOW and WOW Days. Walk on Wednesdays happens weekly.
- The Active school notice board is regularly updated by the committee.
- Committee members visit classes regularly providing information on up and coming events.
- Competitions have been run to come up with an Active School Mascot and an Active School Code.
- We look to the school community for suggestions of what the boys themselves would like to partake in.
- Our school teams are regularly commended for their efforts and their accomplishments.
- Extra yard and active breaks are regularly given as class and whole school rewards.
- Second classes used the RSA programmes to promote safe active travel: High Glow Silver to second class and the Safe Cross Code dance to 2nd and 3rd Pupils who were making a big effort to implement the key messages from the Safe Cross Code.
- RSA sent out bike lights and arm bands for the children to promote safe travel.
- 5th class complete a bike safety and repair workshops which runs for 6 weeks.
- The Active School committee (made up of class representatives from 2nd to 6thclass) have every Thursday help lead the Thursday Ten Session. While The Active School committee lead thi , the emphasis from the start was on inclusivity and fun.
- A Sports Stars section was created on the Active School notice board to celebrate physical activity skills andachievements.
- The school website includes a link to the Get Ireland Activewebsite and encourages parents to look up informationaboutphysical activity events in their local area. Information is also displayed on the Active School noticeboard.
- The school website is regularly updated with physicalactivitiesthat the children are participating in and there is a link onthewebsite for Active Schoolblogs.
- Brendans is a Health Promoting School.
- Active classes including operation transformation, couch to 5k,yoga… are offered to parents.
- An Active School Week will be held in June 2017.
|Monday 12th of June||Tuesday 13th of June||Wednesday 14thst of June||Thursday 15th of June||Thursday 2nd of June|
|To launch our Active Week we are having our first ever whole school relay event.. Come on St. Brendans lets put all our hard training into action and see just how far we can run? Boys can wear shorts and t shirts on the day.
All parents and guardians are welcome to come along to cheer us on or if up for the challenge we would love you to join your sons class on their class run. Any help that you could offer on the day would be greatly appreciated. What class will manage to run the furthest? This is a combined effort .Every time you run a lap of the miler place a counter/token in the recording box box.At the end of the day we will calculate just how far we have run…? Lets Go Brendans lets Go!
Our coach from Parnell’s Colm who is a tremendous help to the boys in the school has agreed as part of our Active Week to carry out circuit training. We are hoping to push the boys to their limit and develop their fitness levels.
2. Yard Games.
On the Tuesday we are going to have a Football free Zone. Voted by you as one of the best events last year ,we do hope to have lots of fun.As suggested by you
here are some Games we hope to play:
Shoe in the middle
Tip the can
What time is it Mr. Wolf.
Cat and Mouse
Flush the Toilet
Rob the nest ……
|Perhaps the highlight for many, our school tour to Clara Lara promises endless hours of action packed adventure and fun.
Lots of fresh air, swimming ,boating, climbing, orienteering,
canoeing, rafting..This is one to be enjoyed by all.
|Junior Mini leagues 2nd -4th Class.
Senior Mini Leagues 5th and 6th.
Games will run throughout the day.
Thursday 10 aerobic session at 11 on the lines.
This is a fantastic day enjoyed by all and a great way to end our Active Week.
Boys will take part in 6 events
Egg and Spoon Race and Penalty shootout.
There will be a number of Novelty events on the day and prizes given to best sportsmanship.
Shorts and t shirts can be worn. A big thanks to our parents association who organise and prepare the barbeque each year which is enjoyed by all.
Browse our School Art Collection
Contact Us Form
Website Quick Links Page Menus
Click on the links in the footer area to gain quick access to all of the website.